When We Were Young Festival is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. Please read this informational guide thoroughly prior to sending an inquiry email. For any accessibility-related questions not answered in the guide, please email us at email@example.com. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The venue is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held on a flat paved surface. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including entrances, stages, ADA viewing areas, vendors, and all other activity areas. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Accessibility Services booth. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20-amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
There is no parking onsite. For more information on event arrival options, please see the ‘Getting Here’ section of the website.
ADA LOADING AND UNLOADING
Guests with disabilities can be dropped off by friends and family at the ADA Unloading area located in the Rideshare Zone, near the Main Entrance. To find this area, please follow signage and traffic attendants. After the event, ADA guests can be picked up in the ADA Loading area located at Circus Circus across the street.
There will be an ADA entry lane located at the main entrance. Disabled guests may use this lane to safely enter the venue. After using ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services booth immediately so that you can register for our accessible services.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES BOOTH
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential. There is no ADA pre-registration before the event - this is all done onsite at the event.
There will be an Accessibility Services booth conveniently located inside the venue near the main entrance, next to the Guest Services booth. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration of the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services booth to be reissued
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons at designated stages. To gain access to these areas, please visit us at the Accessibility Services booth.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons may not save spots. If a guest is not present for over an hour, their area will be given to another disabled guest
- Do not block the view of the guests behind you
- All service animals must be registered with the ADA department upon entry into the event
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All service animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
- We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you're inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
We accept requests for any of the following services:
- ASL Interpretation
- Other forms of Effective Communication
Requests for these services must be emailed to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for sufficient preparation. The deadline for this event is September 22nd, 2022. To submit a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “When We Were Young Request”.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app, if available. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Prescription Medications: All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event. Your medications must be cleared by the medic team at the event entry.
- Other Services: If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assisted listening device systems or another accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
When We Were Young will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at When We Were Young!